DAA Race Master/Alpha-X Insert Block Assembly
DAA Race Master/Alpha-X Insert Block Assembly
The New Magnetic Insert Block system incorporates a pair of powerful magnets, which are positioned to reject each other creating what feels like a spring-loaded system and two very distinct positions for the slide lock, all the way down, and ALL the way up.
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Please NOTE: If you are ordering a holster or an insert block for a CZ TS Checkmate or CZ TS Orange, please contact Double Alpha Academy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a picture of your trigger guard area! CZ seems to be using two styles of frames for these pistols, and without seeing your gun, they will not know which insert model you need. More details here: https://www.doublealpha.biz/images/TS%20-Orange-Czechmate-frame-issue1.jpg
View insert Block pistol compatibility: click here.
NOTE: Both the Race Master and Alpha-X holster use the same insert block.
The Race Master Holster utilizes an efficient and easy system to allow shooters to switch their holster from one gun type to another by means of changing the Insert Block Assembly. This switch is fast and easy and can be done in less than a minute, and without losing any of the holster’s adjustments or settings.
The Insert Block Assembly includes:
1. The Locking Block (gun specific).
2. The Sliding Lock, assembled (gun specific).
3. The safety lever, assembled.
4. The internal magnetic activation system, assembled.
The Insert block grips the pistol only on the front end of the trigger guard, and a very precise fit is required in that area. In some cases some light modifications to the Insert Block may be required.
Should you need to dismantle your insert block for some fitting, follow these steps:
1. Remove the insert block from the holster by removing the two small M4 screws from the back of the holster.
2. Using a punch and hammer, push the two steel pins from the front of the block towards the back (push from the side with the gun type engraved). These pins may be tight.
3. Once the pins are out, the plastic wedge holding the 2nd magnet will come out. Make sure the magnet does not fall out the part. It is usually held snugly it its pocket.
4. Use a marker to make a dot on the top of the magnet which is embedded in the slide lock. This will make it easy for you to ensure that you reassemble it with the correct side up. Most likely it will fall out or you will want to remove it while fitting the slide lock.
5. To remove the slide lock from the block, unscrew the M3 screw visible from the back of the block – and then slide the slide lock upwards and out through the window in the block – passed the safety lever, which must be in the unlocked position.
To reassemble– reverse your steps.
The Race-Master Holster Insert Blocks are design to be used in either RH or LH holsters. The same insert works for both.
The insert 1911 Steel Frame – NARROW is designed for 1911’s with narrow trigger guards such as the STI Trojan, STI Lawman etc. They can also provide a tighter fit for the standard 1911 but may require some minor fitting.
DAA recommends fitting the optional muzzle support for all 1911 firearms as they tend to be a bit loose.
CRITICAL SAFETY WARNING
Read the following instructions carefully before using this holster or Insert Block:
- Never holster a loaded firearm without first engaging its safety.
- Check periodically to ensure your safety is functioning correctly.
- Never disengage the safety of the firearm until well clear of the holster and the muzzle is pointing down range.
- Make sure you are fully familiar with the correct use, and adjustment of your DAA Holster before attempting to use it with a loaded firearm.
- Make sure that you have the correct holster/Insert model for your type of firearm.
- Do not use a holster that is unsuited to your firearm, as that could result in unreliable retention or release which could lead to a fatal accident.
- Never use a trigger shoe or a widened trigger with this holster.
- Double check that the retention and release work well, particularly if any modifications have been made to your firearm.
- Care must be taken to ensure the gun is placed properly when returned to the holster. It if it is not positioned correctly, it will not be held securely and may fall out.
- Never holster the gun quickly or with force, as that increases the chance of making contact with the trigger.
- Any adjustment or modification to the holster design may render it unsafe or cause malfunction.
- Take care that the firearm is not dislodged or knocked when holstered, particularly when the holster’s safety lever is unlocked. As this holster has no muzzle support, take care that the muzzle of the gun is not bumped upwards, as this may dislodge the gun from the holster
- Keep your fingers well clear of the trigger when holstering and drawing the firearm.
- The holster should be locked when running or jumping with a holstered gun, or you should keep your hand on the gun’s grip to prevent it accidentally falling.
- Handling a loaded firearm, and drawing it from a holster is inherently dangerous. You do so entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- Liability is limited only to the replacement of this holster or parts thereof. No additional warranties are expressed or implied by the manufacturer or the distributors.
|Dimensions||13 × 3 × 5 cm|
1911 Steel Frame, 1911 Steel Frame (Narrow), Beretta 92F, Beretta 92X Performance, BUL M-5, BUL SAS2 Steel, Caspian, CZ P-10 F/C, CZ Shadow 2, CZ SP-01 Shadow, CZ-TS-Czechmate, CZ-TS-Orange, CZ-TS2, Glock, GP X-Calibur., GP6/K-100, HK USP, Para Ordnance, Phoenix Trinity, S&W (L/K Frame), S&W (N Frame), S&W M&P 5.0", Sig 226 (X5/X6), Sig Sauer P210, Sig Sauer P226 X5/X6, Sig Sauer P226/P228, Sig Sauer P320, Sig Sauer P320X5, Sig X5 with X-Mount, Sphinx 3000, Sphinx SDP, Springfield XDM 5.25", SPS/BUL-SAS, STI 2011, STI Range Master / Target Master, SV Steel / Aluminum, SVI Single Stack (Square Trigger Guard), Tanfoglio (Stock II / Square trigger guard), Tanfoglio Standard (Round trigger guard), Tanfoglio Stock III / Stock II Extreme, Walther PPQ Q5 Match, Walther PPQ Q5 Match SF